10 July 2013

Quick DIY Face Toner.

Hello everyone!

As I promised, here's a quick DIY "tutorial", if you want to call it that.

So, first a list of what you'll be needing:

1. Water
2. Witch hazel water (I got mine from eBay, since it's nearly impossible to find some in Finland)
3. Rose water (optional & usually found in Middle Eastern shops and boutiques.)
4. Clear alcohol (optional)
5. Empty bottle (mine was clean plastic bottle, but if you like, you can also use a glass bottle.)


^ Alcohol not showing in the pictures.

.......

After that, it's time to start making your face toner!

Now, I didn't have any clear instructions to this, but it went somewhere along these lines:

1. Make sure your empty bottle is clean.
2. Pour the water into the bottle, filling it to 50%.
3. Now, if you only have the witch hazel, you can put water up to 75%, and rest witch hazel.
4. If you're using rose water, I put almost 25% + 25% of both in the bottle, leaving just a bit of space for the alcohol.
5. And as simple as that, it's done! Shake well.

Now, just a reminder, witch hazel is great for oily skin, or one with impurities. So if you have a very dry skin, I'd suggest using something else. Like rose water (thought mostly used for oily skin, I used it back when I still had very dry skin). That, or you can check the wonders of internet, and Google up some better DIY tutorials :)

After the toner is done, it's time to decorate your bottle (if you wish).
My bottle had some glue left to it's side from previous sticker, and I, being the lazy arse I am, didn't feel like rubbing the glue off. So to cover the glue, I made a small carton label to it.
But you don't have to do that. You can also make a small paper tag, and hang it to the bottle neck!

Anyway, here's another bad quality picture of what I made. Thought, I could've done better, but I wanted to give my new stamps a go, plus it was getting very late :P


^ Used black thin marker, fairy stamps and a bit of colouring pencils for this. Added a rose red ribbon for the final touch.

.......

Hopefully some of you found this useful, or even gave you some ideas/inspirations to try doing things yourself, it's very satisfying! ♥

And that's that! 
I'll be going to Nummela next week for my father's birthday, but hopefully I get time to put up another post before that (I have couple of days when I have to go to my workplace and make a wedding cake topper, which takes some time to make.)!

Anyway, have a nice rest of the week, and hopefully we'll 'see' before I leave for my trip.

Byebye!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment