02 March 2013

Good luck?!

Whew. It got so busy for the past two days I had trouble keeping up. 

Yesterday I had scheduled to go shopping with my fiancé after he got out of work. Well, I was putting on my makeup when I got a text from my boss, asking if I could do her a favour (I'm a part-timer at a small cake boutique). She had overslept and needed some assist in making cake toppers for a two-tier cake. Sure, why not, I got me some cash :3

Anyway, after I was done with my makeup, off I go to make some sugarpaste cars. After that it was almost time my fiancé got to the town center, so I put my stuff together and started to walk towards our meeting point. Well, of course I couldn't help myself when I was walking past this mall (called Sokos), and saw that there was this Kutsu Kauneuteen (Invitation to Beauty) happening, which of course meant lower prices. 

Can't pass of that now can I? Well, I was lucky, I finally found myself a good looking bronzer (and this is good, for I have been using brown eyeshadow  until now...).


^ It is from this quite new Finnish brand called We Care Icon. There isn't much information available about them, but if I remember it correct, some of the money goes to helping the Baltic Sea (at least at some point it was.). Anyway, I've been looking for a good bronzer for months, but they're always so shimmery, but this one isn't. And it was on sale too.


I also have couple other products from this brand, and so far they've been the best. Very good on my sensitive skin too. I've had concealer (which has been hard to find for my pale yellowish skin) and last Christmas I got a hand- and footcream set from my grandma.


And on with the story. I finally got the shop I've been wanting to go for almost two weeks. It's pretty new in Finland (only five stores in the country), and it's called Tiger and it's Danish. They have a collection of almost anything. Makeups, art and craft products, wigs, electronics... Food. Pretty much anything. 

Well, what happened next was something I didn't expect. Something happened, even the staff was puzzled with it, but no matter what they tried, the cash registers would work. And after my fiancé got frustrated enough, he left and went to buy a power drill from another shop. I stayed behind, since after almost two weeks of waiting, I was not going to give up so easily. 
A while later I heard that in all of the Finlands five stores had the same problem, the register wouldn't even accept cash... Until.. They got it working, it only accepter cash now, so I had to count the items in my bag and see if I had enough cash with me (and the lucky thing is, I had, because I got some when I went to make those sugarpaste cars earlier that day!), and being such an understanding customer, I even got the shopping bag for free :D



^ Here's what I got. Two large canvases (30x40) and two smaller (21x15) and some metallic paint. The red oil paint I got from my fiancé (he stole it from somewhere..). I can't wait to make something out of these! :)

Anyone else have something lucky or interesting happen to them recently?
Or maybe some projects coming up? Feel free to share your thoughts :)


We'll be having some guests today (my dad and brother), so I must go now and clean out all the cat hair.

Byebye!<3

~muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment