03 March 2013

"Painting"

And good morning people!

I had a little crafty-artsy-thingy going on yesterday, but I didn't get time to post it since we had the guests over here, and I was so into making the whole thing that I got a stiff neck which caused me the usual horrible neck pain. So I had to take a nap to help me relax my shoulders. I can still feel the stiffness..


Anyway! I love silhouette paintings, especially with trees and other plants and such in them, and wanted to try out making one myself. Well, I don't really have much paints yet, so I used my soft pastel chalks. I originally got them for my hair (to try out the dip colouring = nope), but since that failed, I thought, why not use them for this?




^ And here's the pastels I was using. So far I've only gotten reds, blues and purples, but I'll be getting some more soon.


^ Here's the 'painting' after only using the pastels.



^ And here's the finished piece after I painted the tree branch there. I hope it looks like a tree branch :P
And the rays of light are coming from my lamp..

.......

Trust me, it looks better in reality.. However, I am quite pleased by it, for being my first try. Next I want to try different coloured backgrounds. My fiance wants one with black on top and more yellow to the bottom.

Any opinions? Is it good or bad.. Please be gentle, I am only beginning, it has been years since the last time I did anything like this. :)

Byebye!♥

~Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment